As long as there is pasta and cheese in this world I’ll be ok. Pasta has been my favorite food since I was a kid. My saint of a mother used to make a full dinner for the family and a separate serving of buttered noodles with parmesan cheese for me. I was a stubborn child. I lived off buttered noodles. Full discloser: I still eat a lot of buttered noodles but now that I’m older I’ve also grown to like many other different pasta sauces. Tomato sauce, vodka sauce, pesto sauce… but my favorite sauce these days is alfredo sauce.
I created this recipe back in college out of necessity. Lets be honest, have you ever had a jarred alfredo sauce that you loved? Yea, me neither. I’m fairly certain a good jarred alfredo sauce simply does not exist. Lucky for me I found that creating my own homemade alfredo sauce was actually incredibly easy and lucky for you I’ve listed my delicious recipe below! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 5 Cloves Fresh Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (extra for topping)
- Cherry Tomatoes and Basil Topping (optional)
- 8 oz Pasta (any shape you would like)
- Boil a pot of water and cook according to instructions on the box.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut the butter into slices and place in a large sauce pan on medium heat
- When butter has melted add freshly minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic as it will totally change the flavor of your sauce.
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Then add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
- Let simmer for a few minutes to thicken the sauce. Next add the parmesan cheese and stir until the sauce is smooth.
- Add the pasta to the pan and mix to combine. Plate and garnish with fresh cherry tomatoes, basil, and more parmesan cheese if you wish.
- Serve and enjoy!