Chicken Tikka Masala. The one dish you’re guaranteed to find at every Indian restaurant and now, thanks to Trader Joe’s, you can almost always find it in my kitchen as well. Chicken Tikka Masala was the first Indian dish I tried and remains one of my favorite Indian dishes to date. Chicken covered in a tomato based sauce full of amazing flavors. Whats not to like?
Almost all things Trader Joe’s are delicious but I was skeptical of their Masala Simmer Sauce at first. I had tried other brands of jarred masala sauce in the past and they just weren’t up to par. Lucky for us Trader Joe’s did not fall victim to this phenomenon. Their Masala Simmer Sauce rocks! Grab a few more ingredients and you’ve got a full meal in less then 10 minutes! Recipe below.
- Jar of Trader Joe's Masala Simmer Sauce
- Trader Joe's Frozen Organic Jasmine Rice
- Trader Joe's Frozen Garlic Naan
1. Cube or slice your chicken and place in a pan with masala sauce over medium heat.
2. While chicken is cooking, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and microwave the frozen rice for about 3 minutes on high.
3. When chicken is cooked through, remove from heat and plate with rice.
4. Place frozen garlic naan in oven for about 1 1/2 minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy.