For me, a meal is all about the sauce. I truly believe its the most important part of a recipe. I recently got an instant pot and have been making a ton of Mexican style shredded chicken for burritos. To top off my burritos I’ve been making a green chili sour cream sauce. So delicious!
I’ve been eyeballing Trader Joe’s Creamy Chicken and Poblano Ravioli for a while now but couldn’t really think of a good way to prepare them. I felt like poblanos in ravioli was kind of an interesting combination of flavors, adding a Mexican flare to a classic Italian food. So I got to thinking, what if I used the green chilis I have been using in my burrito sauce in an alfredo sauce… sounds a little weird but what the heck, figured I would give it a shot.
This sauce turned out so much better than I expected and it paired PERFECTLY with Trader Joe’s Chicken and Poblano Raviolis. I love Mexican food and I love Italian food. This dish is really the best of both worlds. To make the sauce I used my Classic 20-Minute Lemon Alfredo Sauce recipe as a guideline, but instead of adding lemon I replaced it with green chilis. Super easy, super quick recipe. Leave a comment below and tell me what you think!
- 1 Package Trader Joe's Creamy Chicken And Poblano Ravioli
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 4oz Can Diced Fire Roasted Green Chilis
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp Salted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (extra for topping)
- Boil a pot of water and cook ravioli accroding to instructions on the box.
- While the ravioli is cooking, cut the butter into slices and place in a large sauce pan on medium heat
- When butter has melted add freshly minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic as it will totally change the flavor of your sauce.
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Mix in 4oz can of green chilis.
- Let simmer for a few minutes to thicken the sauce, then add the parmesan cheese and stir until the sauce is smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!