Ok, let’s talk about “no prep”. What does it mean? Is it really possible for a recipe to have zero prep time? Well, to me “no prep” means I don’t have to chop any vegetables, I don’t have to cook anything separately from each other or use multiple pans, and my food is cooking within 1 minute of me taking all the ingredients out of my fridge or freezer. To me, “no prep” is a true dump and bake meal. That’s exactly what this Chicken Enchilada Recipe is. So by my definition, yes, this recipe is totally “no prep.” It will literally take you 26 minutes from start to finish. You barely have to do anything to get this meal on the table (Hallelujah! the best kind of recipe). This Trader Joe’s hack is great for a quick weeknight dinner after a long day at work.
This Chicken Enchilada Hack turned out a thousand times better than I could have ever anticipated. Trader Joe’s Enchilada Sauce is bomb. I was worried that by baking the taquitos in the oven the sauce would dry up and the taquitos would still be crunchy but thats not what happened at all. The taquitos absorbed the sauce and became the perfect enchilada texture. I mean seriously look at these photos, how delicious do those enchiladas look?!
I created this hack on a whim and its one of my favorites yet! So glad I didn’t let my skepticism squash this idea. I would love to hear how you guys liked this recipe. Leave a comment below!
- 1 Box Trader Joe's Chicken Taquitos
- 1-2 Jars of Trader Joe's Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Bag of Trader Joe's Mexican Cheese Blend (Lite version is great as well)
- Sour Cream, Green Onions, Salsa for topping (optional)
- Place frozen taquitos onto baking sheet or casserole dish
- Cover taquitos with enchilada sauce
- Top with a generous amount of Mexican cheese blend
- Cover pan/dish with aluminum foil
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees
- Remove from oven and top extra sauce and your favorite toppings!
- Serve and enjoy
I only made a single serving of these enchiladas for myself: 4 taquitos. I used about half the enchilada sauce in the bottle, so if you plan on making all 10 taquitos I would suggest buying 2 bottles of enchilada sauce.
I finished off my enchiladas with Trader Joe's jarred tomato salsa, sour cream, and green onions. Turned out incredibly tasty but you can really top these off with whatever you want. I'm sure some jalapeños or hot sauce would be a great addition as well!